Saturday, April 24, 2004

Exactly five weeks from today, Scott and I are leaving for our week's vacation in St. Augustine, Florida. We are staying in a condo on Crescent Beach. From one side of the condo, we have a view of the Atlantic; from the other side, a view of the intracoastal waterway. We are celebrating our seventh anniversary on May 24.

I am reading His Brother’s Keeper: A Journey from the Edge of Medicine by Jonathan Weiner. It is about a young man who is diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) and his brother’s crusade to save him through gene therapy.

I just read an article by Suzanne Falter-Barns called “Are You Hiding?” and I realized that I need to get back to writing more often. Suzanne and Jennifer Loudon did a free teleclass about writing on Wednesday. I missed it because I was shopping in Knoxville, but I did read the class notes. There were some great ideas in there, such as making a time every day to write, meditating before writing, and making writing a sacred part of your day. Because of those ideas, I am writing right now.

I also chose to get back to doing yoga tonight for the first time in weeks. It was soothing; not one of the best yoga sessions ever, but a good start.

Today Scott and I went to Dana Moore and Jack Isenhour’s yard and art sale and enjoyed visiting with them, meeting Jackson (their spaniel) and seeing Jack’s paintings. There were quite a few paintings that we really liked. We also saw Charles Cain and his wife Lisa, and John Cate, whom we hadn’t seen in years. We ran a lot of errands, and came away with swim trunks and a t-shirt for Scott, three carpet samples, tyrosine for Mackie, $32 in cash from selling CDs and a week’s worth of groceries. As we drove all over west and south Nashville, we enjoyed listening to our XM satellite radio, mostly Al Franken on Air America and a mixture of music styles – Fred (alternative oldies), Lucy (alternative hits), Fungus (punk), Hank’s Place (old country) and the 40s-50s-60s channels.

Today's Celebrity Sighting: Lamar Alexander in line behind us at Harris Teeter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home